Saturday 12 July 2014

Almay Cosmetics Review

Almay was kind enough to send me a selection of their products to try recently. I've loved Almay for a long time. My favourite item is their i-color eye shadow kit. The great thing about Almay products is that they're made for sensitive skin, meaning they are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.

I was able to try some cool items I have never tried before. Let's take a look:




Here are the products (l-r):
  • Almay smart shade powder blush in Pink
  • Almay color + care liquid lip balm in Lilac Love
  • Almay smart shade skintone matching makeup in Light
  • Almay smart shade CC luminous primer 
  • Almay shadow softies by intense i-color eyeshadow in Petal
  • Almay smart shade CC concealer + brightener in Light Pale
The smart shade products are really great because they are formulated to match your skin tone. The smart shade skin tone matching makeup contains Almay's new tonemimic™ shade-sensing bead technology that helps the foundation transform into your skintone. The smart shade powder blush has a 3-colour combination that creates a natural-looking flush on your skin. The smart shade CC luminous primer is WONDERFUL. It's like using Photoshop on your face! It covers skin imperfections and evens skintone. A perfect compliment to these smart shade products is the smart shade CC corrector + brightener. The concealer works to hide blemishes while the brightener brightens dark spots and discolouration.

The shadow softies by intense i-color eyeshadow is a really soft, light feeling cream shadow. The colour I received, Petal, is a bit too light for me, but it makes a nice accent colour. The last product, color + care liquid lip balm is a product I've been dying to try since I spotted it at work. This lip balm moisturizes while leaving a lush shine. I loved the Lilac Love shade sent to me but I really want to try Apple a Day!

Here is my look with the products. The side on the left is without makeup, and the side on the right is after using all of the Almay products (I don't have a great camera so it's hard to get a lot of detail):




It's a subtle, natural look, but I really like how the makeup hid my skin flaws (I'm dealing with some breakouts right now).

Almay products are great products for a great price and I genuinely really like them. For more info on Almay products, visit Almay.com



1 comment: