Thursday 3 April 2014

Sephora Nail Polish + Goodies Review

I finally placed an order with Sephora a few weeks. I've been meaning to order from Sephora FOREVER, since my birthday (last November) when I received the Beauty Insider birthday offer*. I really like going into their stores, but I now live an hour away from the closest store so it's not very convenient. But they recently had an offer to receive 6 samples instead of the 3 they offer with every order, so I decided to take them up on it. What I really only needed at the moment was a gold sparkle nail polish, and look!:




A really pretty one from the Sephora + Pantone Universe collection! And it's on sale! XD

Here is my package from Sephora:




And here are my goodies:




I received (clockwise from left):
  • Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask (sample)
  • 2013 Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons Set (birthday gift)
  • Sephora+Pantone Universe Elemental Energy Nail Lacquer in Gold Glitter
  • Algenist Genius Cream (sample)
  • Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (sample)
  • Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Protective Creme (sample)
  • Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation (sample)
I loved everything! First, let's look at the nail polish:




There's a good concentration of sparkles and I love the variation of sizes. 

The 2013 Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons Set had obviously been sitting in my cart for awhile. I am glad I was finally able to get it. The set consists of small tubes of Benefit's They're Real! mascara and Watt's Up! Soft Focus Highlighter for Face. I really like both products. The mascara has a really good brush to it and applies well. The highlighter is like a champagne-coloured cream eyeshadow. I used it as a highlighter with my eyeshadow and I really liked the look.

I really enjoyed all of the samples I received. The mask was the first thing I used, because I love masks, and if worked great and smelled lovely. I would definitely buy that. I would say my favourite face cream was the Dior. It felt really luxe going on and I noticed a difference in my skin the most with that one. My favourite foundation sample was the Hourglass one. It had the best texture and matched my skin the best (the sample I received on the Marc Jacobs was too yellow).

I definitely plan on ordering again and you should definitely check out Sephora. They have a wide variety of brands and *if you join their Beauty Insider club, you can receive a gift for your birthday like the Benefit kit I received. Visit www.sephora.com to start shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment