Thursday 9 January 2014

Product Review: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure

Yesterday I received my Sally Hansen Total Knock Out Voxbox from Influenster (www.influenster.com). It contained 3 Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polishes in shades Pat on the Black (deep purple), Red My Lips (red obv), and Jaded (a light blue-green).


According to literature included, each polish contains in addition to straight up nail colour the base coat, top coat, growth treatment, and strengthener. I personally like that because I have weak nails (due to nail biting :/) and it's nice to not have to use 3 different bottles of nail polish for base, top, and colour when doing nails. That said, I found I actually had to use a lot of coats to get the colour I wanted. Even after 3 coats the colour was still not quite opaque, where as with most nail polishes I can achieve my desired effect in 2-3 coats. The polish was also really slow to dry, probably due to everything in the polish (and I've probably been spoiled by those quick dry polishes). The colours were nice, I already have nail polishes similar in colour to the plum and blue-green, but the red was gorgeous. my daughter tried Red My Lips and Jaded and I tried Pat on the Black.

Me: 

Aislinn:

Overall, love the idea of an all in one nail polish, love the colours, dislike how time-consuming it is to apply.

Bonus: Here is Aislinn's video review of the nail polishes:


No comments:

Post a Comment