Thursday 16 January 2014

January Little Life Box Has Arrived!

Today I received my first Little Life Box. This is a subscription box available from http://www.littlelifebox.com that features eco-friendly products. There are different options for subscribing but one month is $19.99 +$3 shipping and it is available in for the Canadian provinces only. There is also the option when you order to receive a Female or Male box.

I just want to share how nicely wrapped it was when I opened the box:


There was a nice little thank you note on the back of the postcard as well. After I destroyed the tissue paper there was:


Goodies! It actually doesn't look like much until you take out the literature and line it up all nice as such:


Look at all that awesomeness! I love the variety of products that came in the box:

- HomeFree All Natural Gluten Free Mini Double Chocolate Cookies
- Ek Chok Organic Chocolate Spread with Vanilla
- EcoTools Tapered Blush Brush
- Amazing Grass Organic Wheatgrass and Green Superfood Drink Powders
- Genuine Health Greens+ Whole Body Nutrition Nourishing Superfood Drink Powders in Natural and Natural Acai Mango
- Mighty Leaf Tea in Green Tea Tropical and Chamomile Citrus
- Aroma Crystal Gardener's Dream Cream
- Ener-C Effervescent Powdered Drink Mix in Raspberry, Lemon Lime, Tangerine Grapefruit, and Orange
- Epsom Gel Massage Lotion
- John Masters Organics Evening Primrose Shampoo for Dry Hair and Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner
- Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa Face Mask
- Sow Good Men 3-in-1 Natural Shampoo, Shower & Shaving Gel (not sure why I got this in the Female box but Mike can enjoy it!)

Overall quite a bit of loot! I'll update as I try them out, but so far, I'm already a fan of Montagne Jeunesse's masks, I've bought them many times before and they are really nice. I try and do a face mask every 2 weeks or so, so I may have to plan a Spa Night for Aislinn and I sometime soon. 

I'm drinking the Green Tea Tropical Mighty Leaf Tea right now and it has a nice subtle flavour to it. I don't taste the harsh flavour that you cometimes get from green tea and the tropical flavour is not overwhelming, which is good or bad depending on your preference. I also currently have the Aroma Crystal Gardener's Dream Cream on my hands right now. It's a thick, luxe feeling lotion and my hands feel soft right away. The only thing is that my hands reek of eucalyptus right now, but that's actually a good thing as I have a nasty head cold right now and it's clearing me up. 

I love the Ecotools Tapered Blush Brush. I've needed a good blush brush for a long time and this one is fabulous. It is so soft and it's the perfect shape for blush application. Plus it's only $6.99 on the website which is really decent for a brush like that! The John Masters shampoo and conditioner were great, the shampoo had a nice lather and my hair felt really nice after, I just found the samples didn't have enough for my thick hair. Mike didn't like the Sow Good 3-in-1. He said it left a weird coating on his hair and scalp and did not want to use it again.

I loved all of the drink mixes. The best tasting one was Genuine Health Greens+ in Natural Acai Mango. It tasted really tropical and fruity. The ones I will definitely buy again though are the Ener-C mixes. They gave me a nice boost of energy and tasted like flavoured Perrier water. The kids loved the HomeFree chocolate chip cookies and I loved the Ek Chok spread. It made me really really happy that there was no dairy in it, being milk protein intolerant, and it had a nice rich taste to it. My only complaint was that there wasn't enough of it :(.

I'm really, really happy with this box. Everything in it is something that I would use, or someone in the family would. I'm especially pleased there are so many drink mixes as I like taking those to work with me. I will definitely be ordering a box again next month.

Amazing Grass: http://amazinggrass.com/
Mighty Leaf Tea: http://www.mightyleaf.com/
John Masters Organics: http://www.johnmasters.ca/





No comments:

Post a Comment